Dear Blazer Parents and Student Athletes,
All registration for Spring Athletics will be done online once again! The MyMCPS parent portal will the place for you to enter all of the information that is needed for your child to tryout for and participate in a fall sport. It is imperative that you have your myMCPS portal username and password! The information to set up your MyMCPS parent portal was sent out in the mail by MCPS earlier last school year and if new to MCPS, was sent out to you this summer. If you need your account information, please email me and I will email the letter to you that has the information. I will only send this to parents. Please read the following information to help you with the process of registering your child for all winter sports
- Once you have the information listed on page two of this letter collected and you’ve reviewed the information required by MCPS, the entire process should take approximately 25 minutes the first time. When registering for additional seasons, the process should take less time because information will be pre-populated into these fields for you to review and, if necessary, update. If your child participated in fall, winter or spring athletics within the last year, this process should only take 15 minutes or so.
- If you start the process and cannot complete it or get interrupted, any information that you have already entered can be saved and be available the next time you sign-in. If you have entered information via the Parent Portal for the Emergency Card, that information should also pre-populate when you login. Make sure that you review and update any of that information.
One of the benefits of this system is that it can be done on any computer at anytime. All information must be entered BEFORE Tuesday February 26th in order to tryout on March 1 or thereafter. Please don’t hesitate to contact the athletics office with any questions you may have
Students should complete their pre-participation physical (MCPS Form SR-8) so that the clearance form (last page of SR-8) is ready for online submission or for submission to the coach prior to tryouts/ practices. Physicals are valid for one calendar year. The form is available at the link below:
** Note: Submit a copy of the clearance form to the Athletics office as soon as possible! Do NOT hand to coaches.
Parents/guardians should confirm access to the myMCPS Parent Portal. There is no change in login infor mation for parents/guardians with existing myMCPS accounts. Parents/guardians who need assistance with accessing myMCPS should contact the Athletic Director at Rita_J_Boule@mcpsmd.org.
More information regarding the myMCPS Parent Portal is available here:
The myMCPS Winter Athletics Registration portal opens for parents/guardians. Detailed directions for com pleting the registration process are available here:
Spring sports tryouts/practices begin.
How to Sign-Up for a Spring Sports Team
Make sure that you have access to the MyMCPS Parent Portal. If you never have created an account, you will need to create an account. You need an email to create an account. If you have an account, you will need to be able to access your account. See attached directions.
You will be asked to either verify or enter the following information, make sure that you have it available or have discussed these items:
- Contact Information for the student’s Parent/Guardian
- Contact Information for an Emergency Contact for the student
- Doctor’s name and phone number
- Dentist’s name and phone number
- Health Insurance Information (type and Company name)
- Hospital Preference
- Physical Form (if the student has recently completed a physical)
- Tetanus Shot Date
- Allergy and Medication Information
- Health Conditions and Treatment Information
- Traumatic Brain Injury Information (including dates of injuries and results)
Make sure that you have reviewed information available on the MCPS Athletics Website, you will have to attest that you have read and understood the following documents that can all be found on the MCPS Athletics Webpages.
- Athletic Participation Information
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Information Sheet
- Concussion Awareness Information Sheet
- Baseline Testing Parent Letter
- Transportation Information
- Athletic Participation Contract including Residency Verification
- Additional Information is included for Football
Login to the MyMCPS parent portal and complete the forms and registration process.
NOTE: You must use the SR-8 medical clearance form for your child’s physical. Please do not scan your Medical Clearance form (SR-8) when you do the online forms. The Clearance form should be handed in to the Athletic Director’s (Rita Boule) office as soon as it is completed. The medical clearance form is valid for one calendar year. Only the Athletic Director can enter the physical date and the baseline test date.